Monday, August 2, 2010

Potograps

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=230607&id=506605378&l=4e447b865e

Week Eight, and I think I've finally figured out how to share photos. Use the link above and, I'm reliably informed, you will be able to see a selection of my photos so far. Quite a large selection - feel free to pick and choose; there will be no exam. (As an aside, native Hausa speakers who learn English often have difficulty distinguishing between 'f' and 'p' sounds, and similarly between 'v' and 'b'. So, children in a class might be told to 'stand uff so that the putograpper can take a potograp'. Hofe you enjoy my potograps.)

Spent last week travelling around in the south of Kaduna state, visiting the LGEAs (education authorities) and community-based charities who are delivering training to the School Based Management Committees (kind of like a board of governors, made up of representatives of the local community - still very new and needing a lot of support to make them functional). The last section of the photo album is of this trip. In a nutshell: there was lots of rain, we successfully made one particularly hairy journey up and over a rocky hill, I ate a lot of Nigerian food (so far, I'm not its biggest fan, but there's still time) and overall spent a thoroughly enjoyable 5 days with two of my colleagues. Also, I managed to watch all of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves on the TV in my hotel room (who remembered that the cast includes Sean Connery and Brian Blessed?!); shouldn't have been the highlight, but probably was.

1 comment:

  1. I too i,m on the facebook, you can share your news and experiences with me. inuwa danladi achimugu

    ReplyDelete